July 28, 2010 4:21 pm
Create your own PWD 18 wheeler big rig that comes complete with the Adventure Base 100 Tour graphics that will be on trucks traveling across the US in 2010.
Kit includes 1 trailer, 18 wheels, 2 axles, 8 long axles, trailer connector, 1 small wheel base, 1 large wheel base, 2 cab panels, 1 woos cab block, instructions with template for carving.
Truck races on existing Pinewood Derby track.
July 26, 2010 3:11 pm
Cub Scouting means “doing.” Everything in Cub Scouting is designed to have the boys doing things.
Activities are used to achieve the aims of Scouting—citizenship training, character development, and personal fitness. Many of the activities happen right in the den and pack. The most important are the weekly den meetings and the monthly pack meetings.
National Council’s Cub Scout page has links to download the NEW meeting plans.
July 14, 2010 1:55 pm
For those Cub Scouts leaders who prefer digital resources, your wait is over.
Part of the new Cub Scout Delivery Model, this new resource offers den meeting plans for all ranks, plus pack meeting plans connected to monthly themes.
Also includes a light overview of the Cub Scouts program, an introduction to den leader responsibilities and den management, and an online resource list.
Other resources available include:
- Cub Scout Leader Book
- Webelos Leader Book
- Roundtable Planning Guide
- Cub Scout Den & Pack Ceremonies
May 12, 2010 5:53 am
Perhaps you have been wondering what the official den meeting plans for Cub Scouts 2010 will look like.
Wonder no more. You can now download Tiger, Wolf, Bear, Webelos, and Arrow of Light den meeting plans at the BSA National Cub Scouts 2010 website:
May 10, 2010 5:23 pm
If you’re thinking about den and/or pack meeting plans for this fall and would like to see what the official BSA Cub Scouts 2010 materials will look like, your wait is over.
The new Cub Scout Den and Pack Meeting Resource Guide is available now at the BSA National website.
You can also purchase it at your local scout shop.
May 10, 2010 4:35 pm
Den leaders should check out this “Helpful Hints for Den Leaders” page at the BSA National website.
Among the useful suggestions are the following:
- Plan meetings in advance and with an emphasis on “the flow of activities.”
- At the beginning of the year, establish clear den rules.
- Tiger Cub, Wolf, and Bear den leaders should encourage advancement with immediate recognition kits (i.e., the beads that go on the uniform).
- Snacks are a great way to end a den meeting.
October 13, 2009 6:07 am
The October 2009 issue of Scouting magazine is available at the magazine website.
This issue has articles of interest to Cub Scouters on the following subjects:
- Wrangling Tiger Cubs. Link
- Obesity/New Annual Health and Medical Record. Link
- How to Get Cub Scouts to Settle Down. Link
- Reaching Quiet Boys. Link
- Sleeping Bag Technology. Link
- Dutch Oven 101. Link
- Comfortable Tent Sleeping. Link
- Cub Scout Pumpkin Chunkin’ Event. Link